Friday, October 22, 2010

Are Makati's Smoke-Belching Checkpoints Legal?

Makati ASBU and its officers are full of crap. They have preferences when they apprehend vehicles on their Smoke-Belching check points. They flag down only diesel vehicles, specially delivery aluminum closed vans, L-300s, L-200s. I know this is because delivery vans are the most likely offenders. But don't you think its unfair? They are unfair in so many ways.

They  are bias and don't dare flag down Pajeros, Patrols (Maybe the driver's politician), PUJs and PUBs (Most likely paid them). The people administering the emission tests are not
even qualified. They push the pedal to quickly, which is not the proper way. They don't clean the hose of the emission test machines.

Their aim is not to clean the streets of smoke belchers, but to have a permit to be a smoke belcher! Why and how? I was apprehended. By the way, their check-point didn't even have a signboard to inform the public they're with ASBU. And after testing, they told me my car emits way above of the legal limit, which is 2.50. They remove my plates and tells me to go to their office to pay the fine and clean my exhausts. 

So I went to fix the problem and went to Makati near the fire department. I pay the fine of Php1,000 and to my surprise they didn't even bother checking my car again. They just gave me a certificate that gives me immunity for 3 months from smoke-belching checkpoints in Makati. See what I mean? You can get a certificate for Php600 (not sure) and be able to legally smoke belch in Makati. What a system they have! What can you say about that? Only in Makati?

image via http://wn.com/
Related Posts with Thumbnails