Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Being too Nice to Female Drivers

What luck do I have to be in another car accident in a month? Funny thing is that the same thing happened. I was driving in Lacson Ave. and before approaching the Maria Clara intersection, the stop light turned green, so I did not stop, but I did slow down. It was a 3 lane road and I was in the middle lane. I didn’t notice that the car on the left suddenly stopped, I just went passed him, when suddenly, right about to pass the left car, another car comes rushing and hit me hard!

I was really pissed! My new Ford Everest was total wrecked last month for the same reason and now this? I came out and cursed and shouted at the window of the driver. I Shouted “ibaba mo bintana mo! (Open your window!).” To my surprise he was

a She. Seeing that she was a female, I started calming down; because I could see that she was scared.

We talked, and she agreed that it was her fault. And don’t want to waste my time and effort, so I just said to pay me Php 3,000, which was the participation fee of my insurance company. Considering that my insurance can cover my damages. If I don’t do this I have to go to the police station etc etc. But she said she didn’t have money on her. So I just took a copy of her identification and contact numbers and said that pay me some other time. Which was stupid, why?

I spent almost 2 weeks contacting her and following up on the payment. And I was the one who went to her to take the money. Imagine the time, effort, gas just to take 3,000 pesos from her. 


LESSON : If you want to settle on the spot, let them pay cash.  Even if it’s a man and woman, treat them the same.  Consider the time and money you would spend on fixing your car and not to mention the hassle without your car. Do not do what I did and just took their contact number and agreeing on paying me some other time.
Related Posts with Thumbnails