Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Playing Chicken with a 10 Wheeler Truck

The picture wants you to say ouch right? I was lucky again to get away with just cuts. Who caused such damage? A 10-wheeler truck! This was not  even a direct hit, just hit the truck a few centimeters. That's how strong the force of a 10-wheeler truck. I was stupid to play chicken with such a huge vehicle. And the damn truck didn't even stop. After it hit my service van it just drove fast away. I was so pissed that instead of looking at its plate numbers, I tried so hard to move the van so I can catch that damn 10-wheeler truck. But my gears were jammed. So again instead of looking at its plates, I went out of the van

, shouted and cursed my lungs out! That's how pissed I am. Who was at fault? You be the judge.

First I'll explain what I meant about playing chicken with a truck. It is played by choosing a long straight road and starting two very fast cars towards each other from opposite ends. Each car is expected to keep the wheels straight. As they approach each other, mutual destruction becomes more and more imminent. If one of them swerves before the other, the other, as he passes, shouts 'Chicken!', and the one who has swerved is the Chicken or loser. That's how I played it, which was stupid. With a truck you always lose. Learned that the hard way.

I was approaching a left turn then a saw a 10-wheeler truck overtaking some jeepneys on the opposite lane. We all know that jeepneys love to stop in corners. The truck was recklessly overtaking the jeepneys very fast and instead of going out of the way I just stopped and held my spot. I thought that stupid truck who was overtaking recklessly would stop, clearly what he was doing was wrong and I know my position is right so why would I move right? Do I didn't.

I notice that the jeepneys didn't let the truck passed through. But shockingly the struck still pushed itself disregarding that I was in front of it on full stop. So he turned to the right in the last minute and I honked my horn but sadly I was dragged. My car turned 90 degrees to the left. Dragging my door like a canned sardine.But of course this isn't my worst accident.

LESSON: When a huge vehicle or any vehicle is overtaking on the left lane, Deflect or turn away form them and DO NOT go straight. By going straight you're playing chicken and risking your life and others on the car.  You'll never know when and where you can encounter drivers that are reckless and have no road ethics.

Related Posts with Thumbnails